- Android 1.5-powered smartphone with 3.2-inch touchscreen
- GPS-enabled for location services
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g);
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder;
- Bluetooth stereo music;
- microSD expansion (8 GB card included)
- Up to 3.5 hours of talk time, up to 373 hours (15.5 days) of standby time
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
The slim HTC DROID ERIS is powered by the Android platform and the Verizon network. Verizon has been running ads this week where this phone is part of a 2-for-1 offer with another phone.
The 3.2-inch touchscreen interface has zoom capability and an on-screen QWERTY keyboard (like the iPhone), as well as a trackball. Connect via 3G where it is available or Wi-Fi. Of course it is also Bluetooth-enabled.
Other features include a 5-megapixel auto focus camera with video capture capabilities, memory expansion via microSD memory cards (an 8 GB card is included with the device), threaded text and picture messaging for seamless on-the-go conversations, Visual Voicemail capabilities, 3.5mm headset jack, and up to 3.5 hours of talk time.
The HTC DROID ERIS comes pre-loaded with a variety of Google and Verizon Wireless mobile services, including:
- Google Maps: Get turn-by-turn directions and instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- Gmail: Multiple accounts support and undo for common operations.
- YouTube: One-touch recording and playback from home screen widget or app, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your own uploaded videos and high-resolution videos.
- Google Talk: Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.
- Android Market: Browse and download applications created by third-party developers.
- Calendar: Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.’d to your meeting invitations.
- Amazon MP3 Store: Download the latest tracks over the air.
- Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail: Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions.
- 3G connectivity
- Android 1.5 operating system
- HTC Scene overlay
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with virtual QWERTY keyboard (320 x 480 HVGA resolution; 262K color depth)
- 5-megapixel camera with auto–focus and video capture
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB (8 GB card included).
- Multi-format digital audio player Includes compatibility with MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, and WMA formats and the capability to create and manage playlists on the phone.
- Real HTML Web browsing supports Flash Lite 3.7.1.
- Standard voice mail and compatibility with Verizon Visual Voice Mail (subscription required)
- Text, Picture and Video messaging with threaded messaging feature
- Organizer tools including calendar, tasks, alarm, notes, stopwatch
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Integrated Google, Exchange and Facebook contacts
- 3.5mm headset jack
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T3
- Memory: ROM: 512 MB; RAM: 256 MB
The HTC DROID ERIS weighs 4.23 ounces and measures 4.45 x 2.19 x 0.51 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.5 hours (214 minutes) of talk time, and up to 373 hours (15.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV–DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What’s in the Box
HTC DROID ERIS handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual